Skin is the biggest organ in our bodies and one of the most vital. Although it’s normal for skin to sag and become loose as you grow older, you must check Crepe Erase reviews even if you’re young.
If you are interested in knowing more about this issue, then you are on the right page. This article contains insight into creepy skin and managing crepey skin tips.
What is Crepey Skin?
Crepey skin is when your skin starts to thin, becomes wrinkled, and dries up like crepe paper. Unlike facial wrinkles caused by frequent facial activities, crepey skin is not always an age-related skin concern. It is mostly caused by excessive sun damage to the skin.
Moreover, sun exposure reduces the skin’s ability to heal after the skin fibers are broken down completely. It usually appears around your 40s, but if you’re not careful, it can show up as early as your 20s.
Prevention is always better than cure. Start with these tips to protect your skin and save yourself the stress of treating crepey skin:
- Stay shady. Don’t stay out in the shade for long. If you must, wear a high SPF sunblock or sunscreen to protect your skin from the harsh UV rays. Wear accessories that can ease the sun exposure, like wide hats and sunglasses.
- Stop going to tanning salons. Tanning beds have several health side effects such as photoaging, sunburn, and skin cancer, to name a few. These beds also speed up crepey skin appearance.
- Start using hydration products. Moisturizing products will help in soothing the dryness. Choose products that contain alpha or beta hydroxy acids and hyaluronic acid, which can lubricate and plump the skin.
- Eat and live well. Crepey skin can be caused by sleep deprivation, poor nutrition, and smoking. For your lifestyle, sleep around 6-8 hours to let your body rest. Avoid smoking, which will also affect your lung health. For your diet, make sure to include antioxidants and foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids.
Don’t worry if you’re starting to see signs of crepey skin. You can choose to try skin revitalizing products or have a dermatologist assist you.
- Book an RF (Radiofrequency) or laser treatment. Dermatologists can use RF or laser treatment for this condition. RF therapy is the process of using energy waves to encourage collage production. RF therapy like Thermage is a popular service provided by dermatologists. Laser treatment uses concentrated pulsating light beams to rejuvenate photodamaged skin.
- Buy OTC (Over-the-counter) products. Choose products that contain retinol and alpha-hydroxy acids. Remember to discontinue use if you feel any stinging or burning sensation when using the product.
- Apply topical prescriptions. Tretinoin or retinoic acid is a prescription cream that can be directly applied to the affected part. It is also known to improve fine lines, dark spots, and skin surface wrinkles.
- Fill them up. Fillers are a non-invasive treatment that has a volumizing effect on the skin. Fillers like Radiesse stimulate the collagen in your body and smooth out wrinkles while encouraging new collagen production. It has been proven effective for upper arm skin improvement.
Crepey skin can significantly affect your skin and reduce your self-confidence. Luckily, there are steps that you can take to prevent it. Just take note of the information mentioned above, and you are sure to lessen the chances of developing crepey skin.